October 8, 2013

Stress n.

stress - noun - a state of mental tension and worry caused by problems in your life, work, etc. (Merriam-Webster)

I decided to take a break from all of this studying to take a moment and just rant/discuss stress. [(I really should continue studying but my brain hurts) I have three tests tomorrow]. 

So, as you know I am a college athlete. Being a golfer in college requires you to miss a lot of school (LIKE A LOT OF SCHOOL). I don't remember the last time I was in one of my classes for the entire week. But, geesh am I behind. I don't really have a clue what is going on in my classes. I'm doing my best to keep up but it's just so hard. Having three tests tomorrow blows. 



----

Stress affects everybody in the world. Some people are able to manage their stress levels better than others. I for the other hand have a difficult time every now and then (especially when it comes to school work). Despite that, you should try to keep your stress level to a minimum. If there is something that you can do to help reduce your stress in the near future then do it! Don't let the stress just continue to build up (like I do). Take action now on the things that you can control so that you're more prepared and less stressed. This kind of ties into my emotions blog post about letting your emotions out. There are so many emotions going on in your head when you're stressed. Bottling up those emotions don't help so let it out. Try managing your time better also. I myself am working on that. However, I have gotten a lot better since my freshman year of university though. Also, learn how to take care of yourself before of others. Once you're able to deal with unnecessary stress and alter your situations you'll then be able to adapt much better to stressors. Another thing that can help you deal with stress is to adjust your standards, look at things from a different point of view (the bright side) and just stay positive.
Don't forget to also give yourself some (me) time for some fun and relaxation. But not too much that you avoid everything in the world. haha. Eating a well balanced diet and exercising regularly can also help lower your stress levels!
carpe diem

I need to listen to my own advice. geesh.

--xo Nessa