May 31, 2014

Happy Birthday Adventures!

Today is my dads 60th birthday! So, Happy birthday dad!! To celebrate the occasion we all ventured over to the Valencia mall to eat dinner at Lucille's which I will talk about later. While waiting to be seated my sister and I decided to walk around the area. This area is such beautiful place to walk around during the night time (and day time the weather is just nicer at night haha). It's not a large shopping area but it does have a very warm and cozy feel behind it. I brought my camera around and snapped a few pictures:
We found this cute little cupcake shop
My sister ended up ordering the birthday cake cupcake which is the third cupcake from the back with the colorful sprinkles.
Our wait was only about 20 minutes...
Our drinks came in the not so fancy but adorable mason jars. We ordered a Peach tea and a couple glasses of water.

This place is a smokehouse BBQ joint. So of course they have their own little special sauces. I'm not too fond of the Memphis Style BBQ sauce though. But, that's just me.
Started off with a few appetizers: Onion strings...
... and fried pickles!! DELICIOUS!
They also gave us these tasty biscuits with apple butter which I forgot to snap a picture of because I was just too excited to eat haha. 
I ordered the Marinated Sirloin Steak Sandwich, which is a toasted artisan roll with mayonnaise, caramelized onions, baby lettuce and smoked peppers. My side was some mac and cheese. The sandwich was soo good! The sirloin steak practically melted into my mouth. Yes, it was that tender.

My mom ordered the Chicken Wraps which is a new item on their menu.
My dad ordered the Baby Back Ribs with a side order of Baked Potato and Sweet Corn.
... and my sister ordered the Southern Fried Chicken
Birthday sundae for the birthday boy!
What I'm wearing:
Top: Forever 21
Skirt: Target
Sandals: Forever 21
Purse: Forever 21


follow me on bloglovin