April 26, 2015

The End: Golf Career

For the past 15 years of my life I have been a golfer. Maybe not a serious one for the first couple of years but I have been a golfer. I'd like to thank my dad for introducing me into the sport and allowing me to continue to get better at this game. I'd also like to thank my family for supporting me through this journey. Without them I would have never became the golfer or the person that I am today.

To be honest I hated this sport for a very long time. I thought it was boring and stupid but, as I started to get better I found joy. I wish I was more passionate to further my career in golf but I just don't have the drive to. There were several points in my life however where I was determined to turn pro. But, I put a lot of thought into it and if this was going to be my career for the rest of my life I honestly wouldn't enjoy it. I'd probably hate my life.

This past Wednesday was my last and final round of college golf and it is such a bittersweet feeling. I am so happy that I no longer need to stress over balancing school and a sport but I am also so sad that this sport which was basically my entire life is now coming to an end. I mean it's not like i'm never going to play golf again but, I most likely won't play another competitive round again.



Throughout this journey i've made a lot of friends that i'll keep for a lifetime. I have created so many memories that I will cherish forever. I'd like to give a shoutout to my teammates who have come and gone throughout these past 4 years in collegiate golf. You guys have made golf so much more enjoyable for me and you all have become family to me. I love each and every one of you in your own special way and I wish we could have team bonding all around the world. Good luck with next years season and I hope you all win OVCs. You all deserve it.

I love this damn game but I also hate it at the same time haha. I most definitely will miss it though. It has helped me so much with life and i've learned so many different things from it.

Now here are some pictures from my collegiate career:




Freshman Year
Sophmore year
Junior Year
Senior Year


... and the last putt
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment